About Our District
Jackson-Madison County School System : A Great Place to Meet Tomorrow's Leaders.
Welcome to Jackson-Madison County Schools where you will find academic excellence, quality programs, competitive sports, trained instructors, and students obtaining the preparation they need to become tomorrow's leaders.
We are delighted that you have chosen to visit the website of Jackson Madison County Schools. Jackson-Madison County has 23 schools that offer quality education programs and enrichment opportunities to a diverse population of nearly 13,000 students.
The mission of the Jackson-Madison County School System is to prepare tomorrow's leaders by providing a safe, caring, learning environment, while working in cooperation with families and the community to provide appropriate curriculum and effective instruction.
The vision of the Jackson-Madison County School System is that all graduates will be effective problem solvers and have acquired the knowledge and skills to be life-long learners and productive citizens.
February 6, 2017
6:00 PM School Board Work Session
February 9, 2017
6:00 PM School Board Meeting
February 16, 2017
February 17, 2017
February 20, 2017
Whitehall Pre-K Relocation Timeline - UPDATED 1-10-17
Reports have been received by JMCSS that there are no asbestos issues or air quality issues at the damaged Whitehall Pre-K Center. Teachers will now be able to begin the packing and sorting process needed in their classrooms in preparation for the move to the Nova School facility. The following timeline has been developed to ensure a start date of Wednesday, January 25, 2017 for Whitehall Pre-K Students:
- January 11: 8:00 am - Whitehall staff will report to the Whitehall facility to begin sorting and packing of classroom materials.
- January 11: Nova School facility cleaning completed and prepared to receive Whitehall contents.
- January 11,12 & 13: Whitehall staff will complete packing of classrooms and labeling for move.
- January 17: Classroom materials begin to be moved from Whitehall to Nova. Teachers will report to Nova School facility to begin classroom set up as materials arrive from movers.
- January 20: Move to be completed to the Nova School facility.
- January 23 & 24: Teachers report to Nova School to complete classroom set up and finalize first day instructions for the new facility.
- January 24: Open House for Parents of Whitehall Pre-K students from 3pm-6pm at Nova School.
- January 25: 8:15 am - Whitehall Pre-K students to report to Nova School for the first day of 2nd semester classes.
Special Education students already receiving transportation service will continue to receive transportation service and will be dropped off at Nova. District staff and Whitehall staff are also working to provide a shuttle service for students that will need transportation from Whitehall to Nova. Parents will be provided additional information and instructions prior to the first day of classes. The district will keep parents updated through our parent notification system, local media outlets, social media and the district webpage for updates as we receive additional information. For additional questions or concerns, please contact Ginger Carver at (731) 215-2686 at the district office or you will be able to contact us at our Nova location beginning on Tuesday, January 17, 2017.
Below are some of our district highlights from the 2015-2016 State Report Card:
- Jackson-Madison County School System district-wide TVAAS Composite Score earns a Level 5 which is the highest possible score and represents significant growth in our students.
- Madison Academic and Liberty Technology Magnet High School earned Level 5 and South Side High School earned Level 4 in TVAAS. TVAAS is a statistical analysis that measures student growth. Level 4 or 5 means that students tended to grow more in literacy than their peers across the state.
- The graduation rate for the district is up from the previous year (from 91.0% to 92.4%) and is also higher than the state average (88.5%).
- The Average ACT Composite had a slight increase to 17.8.
Click here for a complete look at the report card.
New to the Area?
Welcome to Jackson, Tennessee! Home of Blue Suede Shoes, Rockabilly and great barbecue! Also, Jackson is home to the Jackson-Madison County School System. In 2016, our Jackson-Madison County Schools are home to over 13,000 students that speak over 17 languages from very diverse backgrounds. Our district is home to nine elementary schools, three K-8 schools, four middle schools, three traditional high schools, one magnet high school and one early college high school.
Additionally, our district is also home to one Pre-K Center for the youngest citizens ages 2-4. Spend time visiting our school websites to see the unique educational offerings each school provides to the students of the Jackson-Madison County area.