VEX 123 Robots
Thanks to a STEM grant secured by the JMCSS Academics team, the district was able to purchase VEX 123 robots for each JMCSS elementary school. Please see below for resources related to these robots.
- VEX 123 Educator Certification – this is a free, self-paced, online certification (teacher training) that will help you get acquainted with using and teaching with VEX 123.
- Meet Your Robot Book and Teacher’s Guide – this article has links to the pdf version of the Meet Your Robot book, along with the Teacher’s Guide, and talks about how you can incorporate the book into your teaching. The Meet Your Robot STEM Lab Unit also contains the book and guide, and offers a unit of curriculum that can be used to introduce VEX 123 to your students, and guides you through reading the story, learning about the Touch buttons, establishing “Robot Rules” for your classroom, and more.
- VEX 123 Printables – this article offers a number of different printable worksheets that you can use while teaching with VEX 123.
- VEX 123 Posters – the VEX 123 section of this article offers several different posters that you can use in your classroom.
- VEXcode - https://www.vexrobotics.com/vexcode