Dr. Quincy Jones, School Counselor
Mr. Michael Keeton, School Counselor
Our School Counselors at Thelma Barker
The Professional School Counselors at Thelma Barker Elementary work collaboratively to address the academic, career, and social/emotional needs of all students. School counselors are part of the Leadership and RTI Team at Thelma Barker.
The School Counseling program at Thelma Barker Elementary establishes goals, expectations, support systems, and experiences for all students. The program is aligned with the school’s mission and vision.
Classroom Guidance for all K-5 students-Topics include: Respect, Bullying, Courage, Kindness, Gratitude, Generosity, Integrity, Peacefulness, Sincerity, Responsibility, Compassion/Caring, Obedience, Patience, Self-Control, Honesty, Trustworthiness, Joyfulness, Perseverance, etc.
School Counselors at Barker provide many services to meet the needs of students that include:
· Individual Counseling
· Small Group Counseling (on a needed basis)
· Development of 504 Plans
· Development of Behavior Intervention Plans
· Assist with testing
· Consultation and Collaboration with parents, teachers, administrators, and case managers of outside agencies that provide services to students
· Providing parents with information on outside agencies that are needed for students to best meet their needs
· Response to school crises or emergency situations