LAUNCH Career Readiness Initiative
LAUNCH is the first-of-its-kind Kindergarten-12th grade approach to improved career readiness that allows all students to explore education and employment options during their years in K-12 education and after high school.
By focusing students around four career pathways that are in high demand in our region, the district can pursue partnerships with local colleges and industry that align with those career pathways, resulting in more options and opportunities for JMCSS students.
> Business Management and Administration
> Health and Human Services
> STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math, and Manufacturing)
> Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Industry certifications increased from approximately 100 to 436
- College classes taken increased from 312 to 2,328
- Partnership with TCAT-Jackson developed to offer college credit in several CTE areas, impacting approximately 200 students
- L.O.O.P. resulted in successful partnerships with Stanley Black & Decker, TBDN, Old Country Store, and Gourmet Your Way
- L.O.O.P. provided paid work experience for approximately 25 students
Looking to 2019-20
- L.O.O.P. expands with two additional industry partners (Delta Faucet and BlueScope Buildings)
- Approximately 500 students will earn college credit in CTE thanks to our partnership with TCAT-Jackson
- Approximately 50 students will earn paid work experience through L.O.O.P.