Update: Open Enrollment and High School Open Houses
With open enrollment underway in the Jackson-Madison County School System, several of the district’s high schools will host open houses during the week of February 22nd.
Rising 9th graders and their families are encouraged to attend the informational meetings along with any other students interested in enrolling at the schools through open enrollment. School staff will be on hand to answer any questions families might have.
Open houses will be held at the following times:
• Monday, February 22 @ 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm o CyberSchool- Live Virtual Parent Information Sessions o Zoom Link Available on CyberSchool’s Website
• Tuesday, February 23 @ JCM- Early College High, 215 Allen Avenue - In-Person 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
• Thursday, February 25 @ North Side High School- Live Virtual Open House - Zoom Link Available on North Side’s Website - 5:30-6:30
• Friday, February 26 @ Liberty Technology High School- Virtual Open House Video - Video Link Available on Liberty’s Website
• Friday, February 26 @ South Side High School, 84 Harts Bridge Road - In-Person 8:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
Open enrollment gives parents the option to send their students to a school outside of their zoned area, if capacity allows. All open enrollment assignments are determined by a computer-generated lottery, with the exception of JCM- Early College High. JCM ECH enrollment is determined by an application, interviews and essays. Madison Academic is a magnet program with enrollment also determined by a computer-generated lottery.
Madison Academic’s open house took place during the 1st week of February, open house information can be viewed by clicking on the following link, https://youtu.be/IwwiXIjOfZA
All applications for open enrollment and magnet programs must be completed online. High school, middle and elementary school applications are due March 5th. To apply for open enrollment, visit jmcss.org.
For answers to frequently asked questions about open enrollment, visit https://bit.ly/2rAHuTg or contact Rhonda Heard, Chief of Family and Community Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 731-506-2413.