UPSKILL: Every JMCSS Grad A TN READY Grad!
TN Ready Graduates are students who earn a diploma, including a regular diploma or an alternate academic diploma, from a Tennessee high school and who meet at least one of the Ready Graduate criteria listed below.
Ready Grad criteria include one of the following:
• Earn a composite score of 21 or higher on the ACT (or 1060 or higher on the SAT); or
• Complete four Early Postsecondary Opportunities (EPSOs); or
• Complete two EPSOs + earn an industry credential; or
• Complete two EPSOs + earn a score of 31 on military readiness on the
What is an Early Postsecondary Opportunity (EPSO)?
An EPSO is a course and/or an exam that gives students a chance to obtain postsecondary credit while still in high school. An example for an EPSO exam is the OSHA exam students might take in their CTE course. Another example might be an Advanced Placement (AP) or Dual Credit class.
Early Postsecondary Opportunities (EPSOs) allow students to:
- earn postsecondary credits while in high school.
- become familiar with postsecondary rigor and expectations.
- develop confidence and skills for success in postsecondary learning.
- make informed postsecondary and career decisions.
- decrease the time and cost of completing a certificate or degree.
Early Postsecondary Opportunities Available in Tennessee
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Dual Enrollment
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Local Dual Credit
- Statewide Dual Credit
- Student Industry Certifications
Student Industry Certifications Offered at JMCSS
By focusing students around four career pathways that are in high demand in our region, the district can pursue partnerships with local colleges and industry that align with those career pathways, resulting in more options and opportunities for JMCSS students.
> Business Management and Administration
> Health and Human Services
> STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math, and Manufacturing)
> Agriculture and Natural Resources