Registration for New Students
New Student Registration
- Students entering K-12: Registration for new students is now open.
- Students entering Pre-K: The registration form serves as your Pre-K application. You will be contacted if your application is selected for Pre-K admission. For more information about Pre-K registration, read our Pre-K FAQs.
Requirements for Registration
To register a student new to the Jackson-Madison County School District, please fill out an online application using the link below. Registration is not considered complete until the online form is submitted and the following required documentation is brought to the school.
Requirements for all new students:
- 3 Proofs of Residence
- Updated Shot Record on the Tennessee form
- Proof of current physical
- Parent or guardian must have a state-issued ID
- Proof of Birth, one of the following forms:
- Birth Certificate - issued by a government
- Passport issued by any nation (translated)
- Immigration documentation
- Decree of adoption or other records issued by a court
- Other official documentation showing date of birth and parent's names (refer to board policy 6.203)
Requested if available:
- Social Security Card
For students entering Pre-K, the following items are also required:
- Household Income Verification (Most recent check stub, tax return, public assistance case, or SSI pay stub)
>> Click here to access the online application for new students.
It is recommended to access the online registration form from a computer and not from a mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use as a proof of residence?
All new students must submit three proofs of residence. Schools will accept the following documents as proof of residence: current phone bill, current utility bill, current driver's license or ID, current voter registration card, current automobile registration, DCS letter, mortgage document or property deed, rent receipt, or lease agreement.
Do I have to answer all the questions?
You must complete all of the required questions that are marked as "Required."
What if I make a mistake?
If you would like to make a change, click on the underlined field or click "<Prev" to return to a previous page.
I've completed the form. Now what?
When you have finished entering your information, click "Submit." This will send all information you've entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions.
What if I have more than one student entering the Jackson-Madison County School District? Do I need to do this for each child?
Yes, you will have to submit the registration form once per each child, because you will need to provide information that is specific to each student. We recommend that you submit one New Student Registration and then start another as this will allow you to "snap over" shared family information.
Help! I'm having technical difficulties!
If you are having technical difficulties, contact your school office for assistance. If you do not have access to a computer, they will be available at each school or the Board of Education.