District Parent Advisory Committee
The District Parent Advisory Committee is a group of parents, district staff and community members who come together a few times each semester to make decisions relative to parent engagement in Jackson-Madison County Schools. The committee is headed by a partnership between the Title I Parent Engagement Coordinator and the District Community Engagement Coordinator.
Each school is represented on the committee by one parent representative and one school staff representative. This group works to help plan events, work with community representatives and principals, and plan events to help get other parents involved in the educational process.
1. Provide feedback after events to improve opportunities for families
2. Work with community representatives to support school events
3. Collaborate with principals to plan events involving multiple schools
4. Share Planned events for the month or quarter
5. Encourage volunteering and mentoring.
Upcoming PAC Meetings/
District Parent Advisory Committee Schedule
*Meetings will be at Central Office at noon in the Learning Center
- August 25th
- October 18th
- November 17th
- January 19th
- February 23rd
- March 23rd
For more information or to join our committee, contact Angela Searcy at (731) 506-3062.